Almost everyone has body or facial hair that they want to remove. For hair removal, people turn to shaving, plucking, waxing, bleaching, and more. Although these procedures are effective, laser hair removal is one of the best cosmetic procedures out there. To learn about how Anne Arundel ENT can help you eliminate unwelcome hair with a special laser treatment continue reading.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal treatments are a bit more complicated than ordinary ones. Lumenis LightSheer® treatments are usually comfortable without a numbing cream, but a numbing cream can be used if desired. High-powered lasers are used to attack hair roots and destroy hair follicles, preventing hair from growing back. Mild discomfort in the form of warm pins and stings is normal. The entire treatment process takes approximately 5-15 minutes, depending on the size of the treated area. Multiple treatments are required regardless of the body part, but the results can last for months or even years. Some people need quick touch-up follow-up appointments from time to time.
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
1. Long-Term Results: Laser hair removal is the best hair removal method if you are looking for long-term results. Some people see permanent results, while most enjoy results that last for months or years.
2. Quick and easy: If you want to save time, laser hair removal is the way to go. They are quick and easy. Even with large areas of treatment, you can only stay under the laser for a few minutes at a time. You can also have laser hair removal treatments during your lunch break as there is no recovery time. Laser hair removal leaves no room for such painful side effects, scars, or bruises.
3. Safe: Laser hair removal is safe and causes no long-term damage to the skin. Even people with sensitive skin can use this method. With Lumenis LightSheer®, the skin around the hair follicle is left undamaged. This is because the Lumenis LightSheer® laser uses high speed and long laser wavelength. In addition, the laser also uses Chill Tip cooling technology to soothe the skin during the treatment, so there is no discomfort.
4. Flexible: The biggest advantage is that you can perform laser hair removal on any part of your body including your back, chest, legs, armpits, arms bikini area, and more.
5. Universal: Lumenis LightSheer® is a diode laser that can treat both light and dark skin. A diode laser is skin tone-specific, which means it can deliver a focused beam of light into hyperpigmented areas without harming surrounding tissue.
6. Prevents ingrown hairs: Shaving, waxing, and other hair removal methods can cause ingrown hairs. Laser hair removal is a great option if you are prone to ingrown hair. By destroying hair from the root, you no longer have to worry about those pesky hairs growing back or curling back into your body and growing in.
7. Softer skin: Laser hair removal does not leave stray hairs or stubble. After laser treatment, your skin will feel silky and soft. Even if your hair does eventually grow back, it will be thinner and softer than before, so you do not have to worry about thick hair making your skin rough.
8. Precise: Laser hair removal targets the hair follicles directly. This is an advantage over IPL hair removal because the use of lasers makes it suitable for all skin tones from light to dark. This precision also means faster results.
9. Cost-effectiveness: Once you start laser hair removal, you no longer need to spend money on regular waxing, razors, depilatory creams, or other hair removal methods.
If you are interested in receiving medispa services, facial plastic surgery, or medical care for ear, nose, and throat diseases and disorders consider Anne Arundel ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery in Maryland. We serve clients in the Annapolis, Baltimore, and Washington areas with 20 years of experience. Call us at 410-573-9191 to learn more about our services.