Lumenis LightSheer® laser hair removal is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure.
It uses highly concentrated light to damage hair follicles, temporarily preventing hair growth. By using a long laser wavelength, the Lumenis LightSheer® can effectively damage hair follicles without damaging the surrounding skin.
Smooth, hair-free skin can be more than just a dream. We offer state-of-the-art Laser Hair Removal treatments at Anne Arundel ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery, nestled between the scenic locales of Annapolis and Severna Park. Step into a world where routine shaving, waxing, or tweezing can be a thing of the past.
Lumenis LightSheer® is a diode laser, meaning that it uses a single wavelength of high energy light to target the colored pigment melanin that is found in hair follicles. When the melanin is heated, this destroys the hair root and ceases blood flow to the follicle, both of which stop hair growth. Since the Lumenis LightSheer® targets melanin in the hair, it works best on dark and/or coarse hair. It can also be used to treat hyperpigmentation and spider veins.
Did You Know?
Lumenis LightSheer® is a diode laser that can treat both light and dark skin. A diode laser has the ability to target specific skin colorations, meaning that it can deliver a focused light beam only to the pigmented area, leaving the surrounding tissues unharmed.
Removes Hair Without Skin Irritation
With Lumenis LightSheer® there is no damage to the skin surrounding the hair follicles. This is because the Lumenis LightSheer® laser uses a long laser wavelength at a high speed. Additionally, the laser also utilizes Chill Tip cooling technology to soothe the skin during the treatment so that there is no discomfort.
Common Hair Concerns
- Unwanted Facial Hair: Whether it’s on the upper lip, chin, or sideburn area, facial hair can be a source of discomfort for many.
- Ingrown Hairs Leading to Painful Cysts: Some hairs curl back into the skin instead of growing outward, causing painful bumps and potential infections.
- Coarse Hair on Arms, Legs, Back, or Bikini Line: Thick, stubborn hair can be challenging to remove through conventional methods and often grows back quickly.
- Dark Hair Visible Under Light Skin: Light-skinned individuals with dark hair might notice a ‘shadow’ even after shaving, particularly in areas like the underarms.
- Frequent Skin Irritation from Other Hair Removal Methods: Shaving rash, waxing burns, or reactions to hair removal creams can leave the skin inflamed and sore.
- Rapid Hair Regrowth: Some people experience rapid hair regrowth, requiring constant upkeep.
- Hormonal Hair Growth: Conditions like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) can lead to unexpected hair growth patterns, causing distress.
- Hair on Unexpected Areas: Growth in areas like the chest, upper arms, or lower back can concern some.
- Thick Hair Follicles: Some naturally have thicker hair follicles that stand out more prominently on their skin.
- Post-shaving Coarseness: The returning hair can feel coarser or stubbly, leading to discomfort.
Removes Hair From
- Bikini Area
- And More!
Why Laser Hair Removal?
- Precision and Efficiency: The laser technology targets dark, coarse hairs without damaging the surrounding skin. This precision ensures effective results even in larger areas like the back or legs.
- Cost-effective in the Long Run: While the initial investment might seem steep, consider the lifetime cost and effort of waxing, shaving, or buying depilatory creams. Laser hair removal can be a financially sound choice over time.
- Boost in Confidence: Say goodbye to unplanned outings ruined by missed shaving spots or the discomfort of ingrown hairs. Laser hair removal provides smoother skin, boosting your confidence and freeing you from regular hair maintenance.
The Treatment Process
- No downtime
- Minor redness & swelling
- Each treatment removes 20% of the hair
- Expect hair in the treatment area to fall out around 3 weeks after the treatment
Unwanted body and face hair can be both irritating and troublesome. Frequent waxing, shaving, and/or plucking can be painful and costly. Laser hair removal treatment with Lumenis LightSheer® can easily and effectively remove unwanted body and facial hair so that you can have silky smooth skin that is free from hair and the irritation associated with repetitive waxing, shaving, or plucking.
Prevention of Future Hair Growth
While laser hair removal significantly reduces hair growth, it might not guarantee permanent removal. Maintenance sessions could be required. Regular post-treatment care, like using sunscreen, can prevent skin irritation and protect the treated areas. For optimal results, patients are advised to avoid waxing, plucking, or electrolysis for six weeks before treatment, as the laser targets the hair’s roots, which are temporarily removed by these methods.
Outlook After Treatment
After embarking on your laser hair removal journey at Anne Arundel ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery, you can look forward to relishing in smoother, virtually hair-free skin. The transformation is often noticeable, with a significant reduction in hair regrowth across treated areas. Every individual’s hair and skin type is unique, influencing the outcome. However, a vast majority of our patients revel in the long-lasting reprieve from the routine of managing unwanted hair.
As with many aesthetic treatments, perfection might call for occasional touch-ups. These subsequent sessions, however, are infrequent when compared to the regular upkeep demanded by traditional hair removal methods. The beauty of laser treatment lies not just in the immediate results, but in the extended periods of smooth, carefree skin it bestows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long does each laser hair removal session last?
A: The duration varies based on the treatment area. For instance, facial areas might take just minutes, while larger areas like legs could take an hour. Our doctor will provide specifics during the consultation.
Q: Is laser hair removal suitable for all skin types?
A: Modern laser hair removal systems cater to various skin types. However, the doctor will assess your skin and hair type during the consultation to determine the best approach for optimal results.
Q: How long should I wait between treatment sessions?
A: Typically, treatments are spaced 4-6 weeks apart to align with hair growth cycles. The exact duration might vary based on individual factors and the treated area.
Embrace the New, Hair-free You
The pursuit of flawless, hair-free skin can be both challenging and tiresome. At Anne Arundel ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery, we simplify this quest. Entrust your hair concerns to us, and revel in the freedom and confidence that comes with smooth skin. To learn more or book a consultation, contact us at (410) 573-9191. Your smoother self awaits.