Laser spider vein treatment is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure used to safely reduce the appearance of spider veins.
By applying concentrated light energy to the blood vessels, this causes the blood vessel to coagulate and be absorbed by the body.
Spider veins, also known as telangiectasia, are small red, blue, and purple blood vessels that commonly appear on the face and thighs. Since many people find these tiny veins to be unsightly, laser treatment provides an effective way to eliminate them.
Did You Know?
Although spider veins are generally harmless, varicose veins can be related to serious vein disorders and should be evaluated by a doctor. Varicose veins are larger than spider veins and are over ¼ inch in diameter. They are also raised and have a reddish tint.
What to Expect
- You will be able to return home within the same day
- May need to wear a support hose or compression stocking
- Need to refrain from strenuous activities for 24 hours
- May experience minor bruising
- Notice spider veins disappearing within 2-6 weeks of the procedure
Spider veins are small, dark blood vessels that can form on the face and thighs. They are not harmful, yet they can be detrimental to your appearance and self-esteem. Luckily, laser treatment can easily and effectively remove spider veins for good.